hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: can i start teh hbase in pseudo-distributed mode with external zookeeper?
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 04:22:34 GMT
2011/4/11  <stanley.shi@emc.com>:
> Hi Harsh J,
>
> I thought it was that way, but according to the description of the " hbase.cluster.distributed",
for pseudo-distributed setup with managed zookeeper, this value should be set to "false".
> I think there's some more difference between the real-distributed mode and the pseudo
one.

Just to say that the doc. could be wrong.  In this case it does seem
pretty explicit that the flag be false.  If I look at code, a distinct
regionserver daemon will not start if this setting is false.  Please
let us know what works so we can fix the doc.

Sorry for inconvenience caused,
St.Ack