hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Bender <jonathan.ben...@gmail.com>
Subject HDFS reports corrupted blocks after HBase reinstall
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 23:53:21 GMT
Hi all, I'm having a strange error which I can't exactly figure out.

After wiping my /hbase HDFS directory to do a fresh install, I am getting
"MISSING BLOCKS" in this /hbase directory, which cause HDFS to start up in
safe mode.  This doesn't happen until I start my region servers, so I have a
feeling there is some kind of corrupted metadata that is being loaded from
these region servers.

Is there a graceful way to wipe the HBase directory clean?  Any local
directories on the region servers /master / ZK server that I should be
wiping as well?

Cheers,
Jon