hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <saint....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can i start teh hbase in pseudo-distributed mode with external zookeeper?
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 18:08:25 GMT
So, this is a special case that I allow in the manual.  I should add a
note, "Pseudo-distributed using an external zk ensemble?".  Would that
do?

Thanks Stanley,
St.Ack

2011/4/12  <stanley.shi@emc.com>:
> Thanks St.Ack;
> I am not sure if this is right.
> Currently I set hbase.cluster.distributed to be true, and set the HBASE_MANAGES_ZK=false;
the environment is running now.
> Both the hbase master and region server are running on the same machine. I think from
the definition, this is also a "pseudo-distributed" mode.

> I think the doc should add: true: fully-distributed with unmanaged Zookeeper Quorum (see
hbase-env.sh) and pseudo-distributed mode with umanaged Zookeeper Quorum.

> -stanley

for pseudo-distributed setup with managed zookeeper, this value should be set to "false".