hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Use Timestamp
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 16:02:27 GMT
Using timestamp as key will cause your scan to largely hit one region.  That
may not be so good.

If you add something in front of the date, you may be able to spread your
scan over several machines.

On the other hand, your aggregation might be very small.  In that case, the
convenience of a time key might be enough to sufficient to make you prefer
that implementation.

How much data are you talking about aggregating each time you aggregate?