hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.90 latency performance, cdh3b4
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2011 06:12:23 GMT
yes this is for 500 QPS of scans returning back approx. 15k worth of data total.

> You saw "HBASE-2939  Allow Client-Side Connection Pooling"?  Would that help?
Interesting. let me take a look. i kind of was thinking maybe there's
some sense to allow to pool more than one tcp connection from same
client to same region server, perhaps even detect skewed distributions
with some sort of exponentially decayed meters.

>> And tcp doesn't seem to perform very
>> well for some reason in this scenario.
>>

> What do you see here D?

I am not sure. I am not very good at understanding network frames. but
tcp kind of spends a lot of resources to ensure the flow. While udp
wouldn't bother with all that nonsense.