hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HDFS and HBase heap
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2011 18:21:08 GMT
The datanodes don't consume much memory, we run ours with 1GB and give
the rest to the region servers.

BTW if you want to serve the whole dataset, depending on your SLA, you
might want to try HDFS-347 since concurrent HDFS access is rather
slow. The other choice would be to make sure you can hold everything
in the block cache so that means very little data per region server.

J-D