hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: found one deadlock on hbase?
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 05:19:00 GMT
I'd say file an issue with the info that is in this thread.  We've not
seen this before, to our knowledge, but maybe there is something to it
but as is, the thread dump is not telling a clean story.

"IPC Server handler 9 on 60020" waiting on "IPC Server handler 7 on
60020" is fine but looking at code, I can't see how
"regionserver60020.cacheFlusher" would be in on the mix.  I see how it
takes out the reentrant lock to add a compaction request to a queue.
In your stack trace, it looks like its the Log.debug String
construction that some how ends up wanting to call
reclaimMemStoreMemory but can't get in because of "IPC Server handler
7 on 60020".

Thanks for digging in on this,
St.Ack