hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ajay Govindarajan <agovindara...@yahoo.com>
Subject HBase querying across region servers
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 18:30:19 GMT
We have a bunch of synchronous requests that will read and write data to hbase. I have written
some code that uses the HBase  client library to use Puts for writes, Gets for reads with
rowkeys and Scans for reads with filters. Currently we have only one region server (since
its a dev environment) so the queries work fine. Eventually we will have multiple region servers
in our production environment. From the documentation it seems that Gets and Puts will work
across multiple region servers while scans don't.

So how do I solve this problem to get scans to work across multiple region servers? Should
I avoid using scans and replace it with Gets using filters ? Is that a big perfrmance overhead?
Or is there a framework to perform scan like queries across multiple region servers?

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks
-ajay