hbase-user mailing list archives

From Venkatesh <vramanatha...@aol.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2011 03:12:21 GMT

 Thanks..we have the same exact code that process 700 million puts per day in 0.20.6
from a tomcat servlet (each thread creates new HTable, does 1 put & closes)

..in 0.90.2..we changed just the API whose signature changed (mainly HTable)..it crawls
..each/most requests taking well over 2 sec..we can't keep up with even 1/10 th of
production load.

everything in the cluster is identical 20 node cluster..

That is impressive performance..from async..Thanks for the tip..i'll give it a try (assuming
it would work with 0.90.2)

-----Original Message-----
From: tsuna <tsunanet@gmail.com>
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Sent: Wed, Apr 20, 2011 4:30 pm
Subject: Re: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Venkatesh <vramanathan00@aol.com> wrote:

> On 0.90.2, do you all think using HTablePool would help with performance

problem?

What performance problems are you seeing?

BTW, if you want a thread-safe client that's highly scalable for

high-throughput, multi-threaded applications, look at asynchbase:

http://github.com/stumbleupon/asynchbase

OpenTSDB uses it and I'm able to push 200000 edits per second to 3

RegionServers.

--

Benoit "tsuna" Sigoure

Software Engineer @ www.StumbleUpon.com