hbase-user mailing list archives

From <stanley....@emc.com>
Subject RE: can i start teh hbase in pseudo-distributed mode with external zookeeper?
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 07:28:04 GMT
Thanks St.Ack;
I am not sure if this is right.
Currently I set hbase.cluster.distributed to be true, and set the HBASE_MANAGES_ZK=false;
the environment is running now.
Both the hbase master and region server are running on the same machine. I think from the
definition, this is also a "pseudo-distributed" mode.

I think the doc should add: true: fully-distributed with unmanaged Zookeeper Quorum (see hbase-env.sh)
and pseudo-distributed mode with umanaged Zookeeper Quorum.

-stanley

-----Original Message-----
From: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stack
Sent: 2011年4月12日 12:23
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Cc: Shi, Stanley
Subject: Re: can i start teh hbase in pseudo-distributed mode with external zookeeper?

2011/4/11  <stanley.shi@emc.com>:
> Hi Harsh J,
>
> I thought it was that way, but according to the description of the " hbase.cluster.distributed",
for pseudo-distributed setup with managed zookeeper, this value should be set to "false".
> I think there's some more difference between the real-distributed mode and the pseudo
one.

Just to say that the doc. could be wrong.  In this case it does seem
pretty explicit that the flag be false.  If I look at code, a distinct
regionserver daemon will not start if this setting is false.  Please
let us know what works so we can fix the doc.

Sorry for inconvenience caused,
St.Ack