hbase-user mailing list archives

From <stanley....@emc.com>
Subject can i start teh hbase in pseudo-distributed mode with external zookeeper?
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 11:26:51 GMT
Hi guys,

I've been working on the configuration for hours and didn't get a clue.

I want to configure the hbase to run in pseudo-distributed mode with external zookeeper. But
I have already configured the
export HBASE_MANAGES_ZK=false
but hbase still tries to start its own ZK, so I am wondering if it is possible to start the
 hbase in pseudo-distributed mode with external zookeeper?

I saw from this page http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.20.6/hbase-conf.html , the below property,
it doesn't mention whether the value should be set to true or false if I want to run hbase
in pseudo-distributed mode with external zookeeper;
hbase.cluster.distributed
defaule: false
The mode the cluster will be in. Possible values are false: standalone and pseudo-distributed
setups with managed Zookeeper true: fully-distributed with unmanaged Zookeeper Quorum (see
hbase-env.sh)