hbase-user mailing list archives

From Adam Phelps <...@opendns.com>
Subject LoadIncrementalHFiles now deleting the hfiles?
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 17:59:51 GMT
We were using a backup scheme for our system where we have map-reduce
jobs generating HFiles, which we then loaded using LoadIncrementalHFiles
before making a remote copy of them using distcp.

However we just upgraded hbase (we're using cloudera's package, so we
went from CDH3B4 to CDH3U0, both of which are versions of 0.90.1), and
discovered that the HFiles now get deleted by the load operation.  Is
this a recent change?  Is there a configuration variable to revert this
behavior?

We can work around it by doing the copy before the load, but that is
less than optimal in our scenario as we'd prefer to have quicker access
to the data in HBase.

- Adam