hbase-user mailing list archives

From Prosperent <prospere...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: hbase architecture question
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:38:59 GMT

The plan was to have the map reduce job run on our schedule (hourly, daily,
monthly) and populate these rollups so we aren't having to do any processing
on the data in hbase. When a user requests stats, we just pull back the
already compiled data from the rollups. It isn't realtime this way, but we
avoid the i/o issues that you pointed out.