hbase-user mailing list archives

From prasunb <prasun.bhattachar...@tcs.com>
Subject Getting Error in Hadoop Cluster Mode
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 06:04:48 GMT

Hello,

I am new in Hadoop and I am struggling to configure it in fully distribution
mode.

I have created three virtual machines (hadoop1, hadoop2 and hadoop3) with
Fedora 12 and installed Hadoop in pseudo distributed mode on each of them
successfully. I have followed the steps from cloudera site to configure
hadoop cluster
(https://docs.cloudera.com/display/DOC/CDH2+Deployment+on+a+Cluster ).

I am getting following error when I am trying to run the "put" command on
the cluster. Here is the error...

#hadoop-0.20 fs -put foo test/
11/04/05 10:56:55 WARN hdfs.DFSClient: DataStreamer Exception:
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: File
/user/root/test/foo could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getAdditionalBlock(FSNamesystem.java:1417)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.addBlock(NameNode.java:643)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor6.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1416)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1412)
      .
      .
      .
11/04/05 10:56:55 WARN hdfs.DFSClient: Error Recovery for block null bad
datanode[0] nodes == null
11/04/05 10:56:55 WARN hdfs.DFSClient: Could not get block locations. Source
file "/user/root/test/foo" - Aborting...
put: java.io.IOException: File /user/root/test/foo could only be replicated
to 0 nodes, instead of 1
11/04/05 10:56:55 ERROR hdfs.DFSClient: Exception closing file
/user/root/test/foo : org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException:
java.io.IOException: File /user/root/test/foo could only be replicated to 0
nodes, instead of 1
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getAdditionalBlock(FSNamesystem.java:1417)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.addBlock(NameNode.java:643)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor6.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at

When I checked through the web ( http://hadoop1:50070/ ), it is showing Dead
Nodes- 3 and Live Nodes- 0.

Can anyone please help me to understand the problem. I have uploaded the
configuration files, please have a look into them in case i have missed
anything.

Thanks. http://old.nabble.com/file/p31321155/hdfs-site.xml hdfs-site.xml
http://old.nabble.com/file/p31321155/mapred-site.xml mapred-site.xml
http://old.nabble.com/file/p31321155/hadoop-env.sh hadoop-env.sh