hbase-user mailing list archives

From Julio Lopez <jclo...@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject Fwd: Help with NPE during bulk load (completebulkload)
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2011 06:17:13 GMT
Stack,

For the bulk loads doc at http://hbase.apache.org/bulk-loads.html (in the "Importing the prepared
data using the completebulkload tool" Section), what about something along what's outlined
below?  This could also be included or referenced from the documentation for org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.LoadIncrementalHFiles.

Now, with HBASE-3714, the proposed workaround should no longer be needed.

Thanks,

-Julio

$ hadoop jar hbase-VERSION.jar completebulkload [-c /path/to/hbase/config/hbase-site.xml]
/user/todd/myoutput mytable

The '-c config-file' option can be used to specify a file containing the appropriate hbase
parameters (e.g., hbase-site.xml).  In addition, the CLASSPATH must contain the directory
containing the zookeeper configuration file.

This tool will run quickly, after which the new data will be visible in the cluster.

Begin forwarded message: