hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andy Sautins <andy.saut...@returnpath.net>
Subject RE: Help with NPE during bulk load (completebulkload)
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2011 15:50:17 GMT

  Julio,

  We are running CDH3U0 ( hbase 0.90.1 ) so there may be some difference if you are running
0.90.2.  Running your workaround on CDH3U0 I get the following:

hadoop jar hbase-0.90.1-cdh3u0.jar completebulkload -c hbase-site.xml input table
usage: completebulkload /path/to/hfileoutputformat-output tablename

  Note the above does not run and just prints out usage information.

  The following is a workaround that is currently working for us:

hadoop jar hbase-0.90.1-cdh3u0.jar  completebulkload -Dhbase.cluster.distributed=true input
table

  Understood our workaround doesn't load the full hbase-site.xml but it seems to have been
a sufficient workaround for our needs.

  So not sure if that's a difference between the 0.90.2 and CDH3U0, but thought it was worth
mentioning.

-----Original Message-----
From: Julio Lopez [mailto:jclopez+hbase@andrew.cmu.edu]
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2011 12:27 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Help with NPE during bulk load (completebulkload)

Andy,

What are the symptoms?

You also need to include in your classpath the directory where the zookeeper config file (zoo.cfg)
is located.

Yes, HBASE-3714 addresses the issue discussed here.  Although, it does not fully address the
NPE in org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKConfig.parseZooCfg(ZKConfig.java:167) for the cases
when either (a) no hbase-site.xml has been loaded, or (b) an incomplete configuration is provided,
which does not specify a value for the hbase.cluster.distributed option.

Cheers,

-Julio

Begin forwarded message: