hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gaojinchao <gaojinc...@huawei.com>
Subject about hbase load-balancing
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 06:34:51 GMT

hbase version: 0.90.0, 0.90.1

My cluster is 5 RS and 1 hmaster , I create table with multiple regions(50 regions per RS)
the parallel is improved, but when the one RS is restarted.
it may be a large number of adjacent regions is reassigned to the restarted one.
it reduce the parallelism.
eg:

inital:
          RS1   RS2    RS3   RS4    RS5
  Region  [ a]   [a,b]    [b,c]  [c,d]    [d,f]

RS2 restart:
          RS1   RS2     RS3  RS4     RS5
                [b c]
                [c d]
                [d,f]

why doesn't it improve the method of balanceCluster ?
which can get list of regionsToMove using random fashion instead of order fashion
or add a configure parameter?