hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Inserting data directly into HBase?
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 12:35:46 GMT

Hi,

The short answer is yes.

I would have to guess that the reason you see examples of data first going to HDFS is that
they are using a map/reduce to insert the data. You don't have to do this.
You can make a connection from any "cloud aware" machine (Actually its just loading the proper
config data in to your java app. (And even that doesn't have to be java.)

The simplest thing is that you open a connection to HBase, instantiate an HTable object (target),
and then a Put object that you use to write to HBase.

HTH

-Mike