hbase-user mailing list archives

From Joseph Coleman <joe.cole...@infinitecampus.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper / Hbase
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 18:23:36 GMT
Thanks, I am only doing 3 servers total for running through the setup for
comfort sakes before my production gear gets here. I am looking at a
single Master HDFS server will do Avatar if I can figure it out. The have
a 10 node data cluster for HDFS and Hbase and a 3 node cluster for
Zookeeper. Because at some point we way me 20 plus data nodes by years
end.. Or am I better off leaving Hbase to manage ZK? If so what point do I
separate out ZK to be its own management piece.

On 3/1/11 9:15 AM, "Lars George" <lars.george@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Joseph,
>You are talking about a full distributed setup - just all with single
>nodes? So your ZooKeeper is started and maintained by you as well
>separately? If so, then sure you can run it on your own. Well, even
>with HBase you can run this on your own using the supplied version
>that comes with HBase, see http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#zookeeper
>for all the gory details.
>On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Joseph Coleman
><joe.coleman@infinitecampus.com> wrote:
>> Question when setting up the zookeeper master node can I have just
>> zookeeper on that box or do I need to have Hbase and hadoop installed on
>> there as well? I am just doing a 3 node setup for an exercise before my
>> production gear gets here.. So I have a working HDFS cluster 1 master
>> one slave just trying to setup Hbase and Zookeeper with The zookeeper
>> master also serving as the Hbase master and the on one HDFS slave also
>> being my Hbase slave..

View raw message