hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mohit <mohitsi...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Query Regarding HBase Schema Design for Composite Keys and Indexing.
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 05:28:57 GMT
Thanks Michael,

Hmm, but I guess; earlier the secondary index feature was the part of HBase
release, as exposed Java API's. In  release 0.20.x.
There was a bug as well to support that, which is fixed. HBASE-883.

Authors/Users/Michael,

Whereas for 0.90.0 onwards there is no direct support as Michael mentioned
below, but supporting projects like lily, as mentioned in the HBase wiki.

Why such a strategy or why it has been moved out of the release?

However there are some people working on HBASE-3340, but its design is still
evolving, I guess, any idea till what release it will be ready?

-Mohit
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is