hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Stuart Scott" <Stuart.Sc...@e-mis.com>
Subject RE: HBase Stability
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 20:44:11 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly.

I will get the latest version installed and see if that helps.

I've tried various methods for inserting the data  but the latest
version was just a simple 'table.put' within a loop-to try and eliminate
other issues. The content of the row was <1kb each. I tried adding
periodic table flushes etc.. and it made no difference. We tried a Java
memory caching patch that we found-that made no difference either.

The data node machines are around 4-5 years old-what sort of minimum
spec would we be looking at to get reasonable performance? I was under
the impression that we could run the cluster with some basic servers and
still see reasonable performance.

Thanks again for your comments... nice to know someone is listening.

Regards

Stuart