hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mohit <mohitsi...@huawei.com>
Subject Query Regarding HBase Schema Design for Composite Keys and Indexing.
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 15:52:14 GMT
Hello HBase Users/Authors,

I may be digging old things out for which there could be lot of
debates/discussions, I couldn't able to get much info, I'm looking for
direct and precise answers.

It is simple and complex/tricky at the same time.

Ques1 :- Does HBase supports composite keys, If yes, any example to support
this.

Ques2 :- Does HBase supports indexing based on this composite keys.

Ques3 :- Did somebody tried to find out of curiosity; limitation on number
of indexes which can be created per table.

Thanks for helping me out.

--Mohit

but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is