hbase-user mailing list archives

From "sreejith P. K." <sreejit...@nesote.com>
Subject Re: Stargate and Hbase
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2011 05:15:08 GMT
Thank you all for the response,

For quite a long time i am here with the same issue,

I need to maintain a huge amount of data for a web crawler. I have a list of
thousands of URL's. For each URL, again I have thousands of keywords. The
keywords will be holding a priority value.

suppose i have the data,

For url "yahoo.com".

I have keywors a(priority=2),b(priority=4),c(priority=1)

For url "google.com",

I have keywors a(priority=1),b(priority=3),c(priority=2)

For url "facebook.com",

I have keywors g(priority=1),b(priority=4),h(priority=2)

And if i type "a b" in my web crawler, i need to fetch  urls  in the order,

yahoo.com(Where priority is 2+4=6 that is priority of a+priority of b)

google.com(where priority is 1+3=4 that is priority of a+priority of b)

facebook.com(where priority is 4 that is priority of b)

 I have to do the same in PHP. Please help up creating a good schema for the
same and suggest which connector i need to follow (Thrift or REST)?

If it use REST, i have googled a lot to find a solution. Stargate seems
works some extend, but I need a clear cut method.

Thanks.

--
Sreejith PK
Nesote Technologies (P) Ltd