hbase-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Ruchovets <oruchov...@gmail.com>
Subject Delete from hbase
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 15:25:54 GMT
Hi ,
We inserting  ~ 10 million raws per day to hbase.
We are using  hbase 0.20.3 and going to use 0.90.1.

Currently we delete raws in a such way
    public void delete(HTable t, byte[] row) throws IOException {
        Delete del = new Delete(row);
        t.delete(del);
    }
meaning get row to the client and delete it.
It is very time consuming task and my questions are:

1) Does hbase 0.90.1 has  enhancements for remove raws from hbase?
2) Is it possible to perform delete process on server side?
3) What is the best way to remove raw (records) from hbase ?

Oleg