hbase-user mailing list archives

From "George P. Stathis" <gstat...@traackr.com>
Subject Recommendation for migrating region server implementations
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 19:15:08 GMT
Hey folks,

What would be the best approach for migrating away from a given region
server implementation back to the default out-of-the box one? My goal here
is to upgrade our cluster to 0.90 and migrate away from IndexedRegionServer
back to the default HRegionServer.

The only options that I know of at the moment are:

   - Export/Import - pros: straightforward, cons: tedious, takes a long time
   - org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.CopyTable - not sure about the pros
   and cons here because I've never used it. It seems to require that tables
   are moved to a different setup. Can it be used in place?

If folks know of a different way to do this, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your time.

-GS