hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: The HTable constructor hangs!!!!
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 16:17:18 GMT
On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 2:31 AM, David PĂ©rez <craquerpro@yahoo.es> wrote:
> I have installed a standalone version of HBase 0.20.6 into a Linux machine.
> The web interface works ok.

Please use our current stable offering, 0.90.1.

> Now with a basic Java client from another machine, I can successfully create
> a table and some families.

What is the difference between this java client and the one you
describe below?  The one below is local to the machine?

> I can also successfully add data with the Ruby shell.
>
> The problem I'm having is that if I try this:
>
> HBaseConfiguration hConfig = new HBaseConfiguration();
> hConfig.set(HConstants.ZOOKEEPER_QUORUM, "myserver");
> HTable tbl = new HTable(hConfig, "mytable");

Looks like its stuck trying read root location.  Master logs say it
deployed fine?  The UI is showing it deployed when you try to do the
above?

Do more stack traces.  For sure its hung up checking node existence?

St.Ack