hbase-user mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper / Hbase
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 18:47:04 GMT
Hi Joseph,

As Dave says, you could always use HBase to manage ZooKeeper. If you
need it for other things as well, and the AvatarNode is one of those,
then you have to make sure you set

HBASE_MANAGES_ZK=false

in the hbase-env.sh but still use the HBase scripts to start and stop
the stand-alone ZooKeeper ensemble, including running the nodes on
shared servers, such as the master etc.

Lars