hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTable and threads
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2011 01:01:07 GMT
> Do the static methods on HTable (like isTableEnabled), also have this problem? From the
code it looks like if you naively call the static method without a Configuration object it
will create a configuration and put it into a HashMap where it will live around forever.

Good point then the better to do is to use HBaseAdmin.isTableEnabled.

> This really bit me recently.  Using the HTablePool doesn't really solve this because
for some reason there is no meta operations on the HTableInterface object itself -- I can't
ask if it is enabled.  Is there any particular reason that this method only lives on an HConnectionManager?

I think my previous answer will help you out.

J-D