hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: zookeeper-3.3.2 has default maxClientCnxns set to 10?
Date Sat, 26 Mar 2011 09:04:26 GMT
yes i had a very similar  issue although i prefer to think about it in
terms of hbase and by extension zk connection leak in TableInputFormat
rather than adjusting max zk connection to 30 'cause sooner or later
you will run out of it too.

The problem is that HConnectionManager now identifies hbase connection
by identity comparison of the Configuration object. Which is kind of
unfortunate because cloning configuration is a common practice and in
reality it means every MR client would open its own connection to
hbase.

To exacerbate situation, TableInput/OutputFormats do not relinquish
unshared connection and there's very little you can do work around
this. I posted workaround to this i used with cdh3b4 just a day or two
ago. The issue turned out to be a pain as it really quite hard to
figure where and whether configuration objects get cloned or not.

Also, if you use HTable, be mindful that you may want to release that
connection explicitly too by calling
HConnectionManager.deleteConnection (conf, true).