hbase-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Ruchovets <oruchov...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hash function per table
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2011 19:52:24 GMT
Actually discussion started from this post:

http://search-hadoop.com/m/XX3nW68JsY1/hbase+insertion+optimisation&subj=hbase+insertion+optimisation+

Simply inserting the data in which row key <date>_<somedata> I noticed that
only one node works (region to which data were writing). In case we have
10-15 nodes I think it is inefficient to write data to only one region. I
want to get an effect that data will be inserted to  as much as possible
nodes  simultaneously. Correct me guys ,  but in this case  writing job
will take less time , am I write?

Oleg.