hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: passing timestamp into importtsv...
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2011 16:50:08 GMT
This would be generally useful I'd say.
Thank you Andy,
St.Ack

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Andy Sautins
<andy.sautins@returnpath.net> wrote:

>   We have been having a lot of success using the importtsv utility to load data into
HBase as described in the wiki (http://hbase.apache.org/bulk-loads.html).  The one issue
we have run into is that we would like to assign a specific timestamp to the records associated
with the import.  The current ImportTsv.java class sets the timestamp to the current time
( ts = System.currentTimeMillis() ).  We have a patch we have been using that if a system
property is  set ( importtsv.timestamp ) to set the timestamp from the property.  If the
property is not set to use the current time.  This has been very helpful for us and allows
for  more control in setting the timestamps for imported records.

>   My question is is this useful functionality in general?  If so I'd be happy to submit
a JIRA and patch with the appropriate changes.