hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bill Graham <billgra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: stop-hbase.sh bug or feature?
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 16:42:57 GMT
Ted, one thing to point out though is that in the scenario I
described, the same thing would happen if you didn't call
start-hbase.sh. The start/stop behaviors I described are independent
of each other so you can stop the cluster remotely even without the
second master running.

This is because stopping the master is done by starting a VM and
running oahh.master.HMaster stop with the remote configs. This seems
to happen regardless of whether there's a match on a local pid file
with a local master process.