hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Table Flush and then Close
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 20:27:36 GMT
Sounds like a bug Pete.  Can you dig in more to try and figure whats happening?
Thank you,
St.Ack

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Peter Haidinyak <phaidinyak@local.com> wrote:
> HBase Version   0.89.20100924+28
> Hadoop Version  0.20.2+737
> Java Version    1.6.22
>
> I am inserting data from a SQL Server Table into an HBase table via a Java Client. Everything
is working well but I discovered that if I call a table.flush() and then immediately call
table.close() the row count in HBase ends up being around 4900 short out of 390,000 rows.
But, if I call table.flush() and then later (micro-seconds) call table.close() all of the
rows are written. The number of rows that are missing is constant across many tries.