hbase-user mailing list archives

From Suraj Varma <svarma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using split command in shell
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 22:35:47 GMT
It is the full region name - something like this:
TestTable,0000262335,1300510101703.372a66d40705a4f2338b0219767602d3.

If you go to the master web UI and click on the table name and you
will see all the regions for that table. It is the string under Table
Regions / Name column.

The other thing is: this operation is async. So, the split command
will return almost immediately and the split operation is done async
... so, it may not reflect on your screen immediately.

I suspect that your "asdf" string showing split regions is just a
previous correct split operation succeeding asynchronously (i.e. cause
& effect confusion ...)

--Suraj