hbase-user mailing list archives

From "M.Deniz OKTAR" <deniz.ok...@gmail.com>
Subject Solved: Region servers dying without logs (hardware errors)
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 14:25:13 GMT
Hi all,

We were having stability issues with yahoo benchmark and hbase on our
servers. Region servers were dying without trace and even sometimes end up
with system freeze.

After trying everything, we have switched to a new cluster and our problems
solved. Our previous cluster was a sandy bridge based i5-2400 desktop
cluster.

So, even for test, desktop clusters might fail. Sandy Bridge platform
especially has couple of issues we thought we knew how to handle (not using
sata2 ports) but still, beware of the following hardware:

intel i5-2400
Gigabyte P67A-UD3
16 gb Non ECC ram

New cluster which works perfectly: