hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CopyTable MR job hangs
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 17:10:56 GMT
Strangely enough I did answer that question the day you sent it but it
doesn't show up on the mailing list aggregators even tho gmail marks
it as sent... anyways here's what I said:

It won't work because those versions aren't wire-compatible.

What you can do instead is doing an Export, distcp the files, then do
an Import. If the hadoop versions are different, use the hftp
interface like the distcp documentation recommends.

J-D