hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tatsuya Kawano <tatsuya6...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A kernel panic makes small HBase cluster to crush?
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2011 05:03:35 GMT
Thanks for checking the HDFS code.

>> Also it's strange that the region servers got corrupted reads when there are two
more replicase available on HDFS.

> Corrupted reads? This is a loaded term, are you really saying that the
> region server read corrupted data from HDFS?

Sorry, it was too early to say the read data was corrupted. But the
other region servers had to shut themselves down because they detected
there were something wrong with HFiles.

"ABORTING region server serverName=ap12.secur2,60020,1298987576087,
load=(requests=0, regions=4, usedHeap=218, maxHeap=1998): Replay of
HLog required.
Forcing server shutdown"

I asked the guy to watch the data node and name node status if he can
run the same test again. He hasn't came back to me yet.

Thanks,
Tatsuya

2011/3/5 Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcryans@apache.org>:
> (heh this thread gives me a reason to look at the HDFS code)
>
>> Well, doen't the following message imply HDFS could accept writes when it has at
least 1 data node available?

>>> error: java.io.IOException: File /hbase/Object_Speed_Test/1dbc1bf84b48e1145638b3a3bc3ad1cd/.tmp/1275904589980700621
could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1

--
河野 達也
Tatsuya Kawano (Mr.)

twitter: http://twitter.com/tatsuya6502