hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase => replication => Hive
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 08:52:17 GMT
Pardon, I'm not as familiar with this area as I should, but

> apparently Hive queries run about x5
> slower than queries that go against normal Hive tables.

Is this not a reasonable place to start? Why is this?

> I was wondering if people think it would be possible to
> implement HBase=>Hive replication?

This strikes me as non trivial. If doing this level of effort, why not look into the Hive/HBase
integration? Maybe there is something HBase can do to make it faster?

Best regards,

    - Andy

Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back.
  - Piet Hein (via Tom White)