hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Hiller, Dean (Contractor)" <dean.hil...@broadridge.com>
Subject very trick design issue
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 21:49:57 GMT
We have a table of securities and off of that table another table with
security_price which has the security_date and security_price for that
date(and security_id of course relating back to the security).  Ie. It's
a one to many.

We then have an activity table(each row was a trade of stock) with an
activity_date(very important date) and security_id.  In our software, we
already have a list of the Activities we are dealing with over a time
period(say from 1/1 to 1/31).

We now need to get all the security_prices related to the each
activities security_id and date to get the pricing information.  Right
now, we end up doing a 1+N query here L and get the List of activities
and then each security_price based on a single activity's date and
security_id.  I am wondering if there is a way to redesign these
security tables such that I could possibly do 2 getAll method calls
instead.  Any ideas on this one?   Or maybe there is someway to do this
with some indexing library instead and do one query though not sure how
since each activity has a different date and different security_id.

Thanks,

Dean

attachments from your system.