hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: major hdfs issues
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 06:21:18 GMT
I'm sorry we came late to the party. Just yesterday I noticed the latest Amazon Linux AMI beta
had this issue, with nproc set way too low. The HDFS balancer was exceeding the native threads
limit and bailing out and this left me wondering why. Would have affected our datanodes too
at sufficient load.

Added item #20 to http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/Troubleshooting

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, Jack.

   - Andy