hbase-user mailing list archives

From Iulia Zidaru <iulia.zid...@1and1.ro>
Subject Region containing .META. frozen
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 11:23:10 GMT
  Hi all,

We are using CDH3B4.
The RegionServer containing .META. stopped working under normal load.
The region server process was up, it could be viewed in hbase admin
interface, but the requests, regions, usedHeap, maxHeap metrics were
constant in time and it couldn't be accessed. Other machines continued
working, but the performance was very bad. A huge log was created on the
machine's HDFS. The cluster came back to normal performance when I had
killed the RegionServer.
In regionServer's log we got only a WARNING
(java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException) cause by the communication
with the client machine. No logs while it was frozen.
Any idea?

Thank you,
Iulia

--
Iulia Zidaru
Java Developer

1&1 Internet AG - Bucharest/Romania - Web Components Romania
18 Mircea Eliade St
Sect 1, Bucharest
RO Bucharest, 012015
iulia.zidaru@1and1.ro