hbase-user mailing list archives

From Iulia Zidaru <iulia.zid...@1and1.ro>
Subject Table distribution
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:08:17 GMT

Hi all,
We are using ASF HBase 0.90 with cloudera distribution for HDFS(cdh3b3)). We have a cluster
with 6 machines 1135 regions on each machine.
We have many tables, each of them having regions on many nodes. We've created a new table
and started to load it. The other tables are not used anymore. The problem is that all regions
of the new table are on the same machine(about 150 regions) and it is really loaded! The entire
cluster is still well distributed (the same number of regions on each machine), but it seems
that only old tables are redistributed. Also, the table's data is distributed in HDFS across
the entire cluster.
Do you have any idea what is wrong with it?
Thank you,
Iulia

--
Iulia Zidaru
Java Developer

1&1 Internet AG - Bucharest/Romania - Web Components Romania
18 Mircea Eliade St
Sect 1, Bucharest
RO Bucharest, 012015
iulia.zidaru@1and1.ro