hbase-user mailing list archives

From Peter Haidinyak <phaidin...@local.com>
Subject RE: cost estimation
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 23:46:38 GMT
I just took a day course on the Amazon Cloud and he had mentioned the every time you spin up
a VM it gets a different IP and Host name. If this is true how do you keep the configuration
files current every time you add a new VM or power on an existing Cluster?

Thanks

-Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Purtell [mailto:apurtell@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2011 3:31 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: cost estimation

Everything Gary said.

Something interesting Netflix said this week at the ccevent conference was they were able
to depreciate Reserved Instance payments as a capital expenditure.

Also, c1.xlarge is one of only three instance types that seem to get its own physical server
for each instance (others are m2.4xlarge and cc1.xlarge iirc).