hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Buttler, David" <buttl...@llnl.gov>
Subject RE: Zookeeper / Hbase
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 17:07:29 GMT
I really like the way HBase manages zookeeper.  It seems much more intuitive to me than the
native zookeeper configuration.  For my cluster I use zookeeper for a couple of different
tasks (like hbase, solr cloud, and other home grown things).  I manage Zookeeper using a slightly
different version of the hbase scripts.  This allows me to start and stop hbase without affecting
the zookeeper cluster -- but I do have to remember to stop hbase if I need to stop zookeeper.

In my opinion, HBase improves zookeeper. [although I would be happy to hear why I am missing
something from the standard zookeeper config]

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Lars George [mailto:lars.george@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 7:15 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Zookeeper / Hbase

Hi Joseph,

You are talking about a full distributed setup - just all with single
nodes? So your ZooKeeper is started and maintained by you as well
separately? If so, then sure you can run it on your own. Well, even
with HBase you can run this on your own using the supplied version
that comes with HBase, see http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#zookeeper
for all the gory details.

Lars