hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andy Sautins <andy.saut...@returnpath.net>
Subject passing timestamp into importtsv...
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2011 16:36:42 GMT

   We have been having a lot of success using the importtsv utility to load data into HBase
as described in the wiki (http://hbase.apache.org/bulk-loads.html).  The one issue we have
run into is that we would like to assign a specific timestamp to the records associated with
the import.  The current ImportTsv.java class sets the timestamp to the current time ( ts
= System.currentTimeMillis() ).  We have a patch we have been using that if a system property
is  set ( importtsv.timestamp ) to set the timestamp from the property.  If the property is
not set to use the current time.  This has been very helpful for us and allows for  more control
in setting the timestamps for imported records.

   My question is is this useful functionality in general?  If so I'd be happy to submit a
JIRA and patch with the appropriate changes.

   Thanks

   Andy