hbase-user mailing list archives

From Joseph Coleman <joe.cole...@infinitecampus.com>
Subject Re: Master Node question HDFS
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 16:05:55 GMT
Thanks for the link that was a very interesting article and I am looking at going with that
approach and carve and NFS volume from my NetApp filer for the transactions logs between the
primary and backup node. The question is any idea on how large I need to make the NFS volume?
Also were I can grab the package from for this as well to download and test?

Thanks again

From: Ted Dunning <tdunning@maprtech.com<mailto:tdunning@maprtech.com>>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 09:17:15 -0600
To: "user@hbase.apache.org<mailto:user@hbase.apache.org>" <user@hbase.apache.org<mailto:user@hbase.apache.org>>
Cc: Joseph Coleman <joe.coleman@infinitecampus.com<mailto:joe.coleman@infinitecampus.com>>
Subject: Re: Master Node question HDFS

Search for [Avatar node hadoop].

http://hadoopblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hadoop-namenode-high-availability.html

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 7:12 AM, Joseph Coleman <joe.coleman@infinitecampus.com<mailto:joe.coleman@infinitecampus.com>>
wrote:
I know I cannot have more than one master node for HDFS but what if I was to create two of
them and put a Kemps Loadbalance in front of them and point to my load balancer for my stuff
would something like that work? If not what are others doing to safe guard themselves incase
their master node kicks the bucket a standby ready to go maybe?