hbase-user mailing list archives

From Joseph Coleman <joe.cole...@infinitecampus.com>
Subject Master node Question
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 19:04:51 GMT
I am in the process of building out a clustered environment that is going to start very small
but grow extremely fast. I am just trying to figure out the following:

1. How many master nodes can I have?

2. If the answers is only 1 what happens if the master fails or dies. Does a slave take over
and if so is the slave just referenced in the master files?

Thanks for your help I am just trying to understand this before I order my equipment. The
build out will be a couple master nodes for redundancy, 10 data nodes running HDFS AND HBASE
and a 2 to 3 node zookeeper cluster. We anticipate that out cluster will grow to 80 nodes
before years end which is why I am thinking of the setup they way I am if anyone has feedback
for a different setup please let me know.  Also if there is a doc that covers that would be
beneficial.

Thanks for everyones help I do appreciate it.