hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Queries regarding REST API
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 19:21:11 GMT
On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Hari Sreekumar
<hsreekumar@clickable.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am planning to implement the REST API to query my HBase tables in
> production. The documentation mentions that the stargate api is not
> production ready.

Sorry.  Where did you see that.  We need to fix that.  I believe at
least the yfrog folks are using REST in production (Correct me if I'm
wrong Jack).

> Secondly, I am getting base64 encoded values when I use REST. Is there any
> other encoding possible? Decoding base64 on client side will be a big effort
> for me. Is there a way I can get it in a non-encoded way?

I'lll let those that know the REST gateway better than I answer this
question.  The problem is how do you represent what could be binary
data in an URL.

St.Ack