hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: which hadoop and zookeeper version should I use with hbase 0.90.1
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 18:11:45 GMT
On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 2:14 AM, Oleg Ruchovets <oruchovets@gmail.com> wrote:

> -- In case I found bugs or problems , where I am going to post the questions
> ?

To this list.

> -- Which of it is developed for  hbase? Simply  As I understand it is 3
> different branches which developed by 3 different organizations (apache
> , facebook , clodera).

Apache is the 'official' version.  Many like the convenience of the
Cloudera distribution and that it has fixes not yet available in
Apache releases (in the hbase case, in particular, it has support for
append/sync).

> -- Which of it is stable official release for hbase ?

See the documentation that Jean-Daniel posted.  Thats our take on it all.

> -- What is the status of https://github.com/facebook/hadoop-20-append ? Is
> it stable?

I haven't tried it.

Someone else might have an opinion on the above.

St.Ack