hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: porting from hbase 0.20.3 to 0.90
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2011 21:37:19 GMT
Great questions.

For #2, I think hadoop append feature is for durability.

>From master log, you would see:
2011-02-11 00:34:09,494 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.SequenceFileLogWriter: Using syncFs
-- HDFS-200
2011-02-11 00:34:09,495 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.HLog:
Using getNumCurrentReplicas--HDFS-826

Please check your hadoop distribution to see whether the JIRAs above are
supported.

I recently had some success using cdh3b2 for hbase 0.90.1
I think you can use cdh3b2 or cdh3b3.

Cheers